An important read!
This blog entry is spot on!
And I always offer a trial lesson for those who ask, and I audition every private student who wishes to study with me, just to ensure fit and compatibility.
The Classical Singer site is filled with helpful and informative and interesting articles.
Here’s an important one:
An important read for anyone auditioning for any role, ever.
Thanks, Matt Edwards, for this wonderful primer!!
And how about getting the tongue to the right place?
Here’s a reminder:
Spring 2017 song choices for the acting and musical theatre students in my studio:
- Take me away, Scott Alan
- Oh is there not one maiden breast, Pirates of Penzance
- Mister Snow, Carousel
- Spark of Creation, Children of Eden
- Neverland, Scott Alan
- Fair House of Joy, Roger Quilter
- Jason’s Song, Jeffrey Carter
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in the Sara Bareilles rendition
- Mira, Carnival
- Winter’s On the Wing, The Secret Garden
- Love, I Hear, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- Accident Prone, Laurence O’Keefe and Kirsten A. Guenther
- Little Susan Lawrence, Big!
- Where did we go wrong, Kerrigan & Lowdermilk
- Watch me soar, Scott Alan
- Time in a bottle, Jim Croce
- John Wellington Wells, Iolanthe